When you’re in need of a reputable timeshare attorney, consider the distinguished record of Finn Law Group, a leading law firm with over 75 years of collective expertise in consumer law. Our specialized timeshare lawyers are well-versed in understanding timeshare contracts and addressing the unique situations of timeshare owners across multiple jurisdictions. Experience matters and our timeshare attorney credentials are just part of why you should seek competent legal counsel.
Timeshare Legal Expertise at Finn Law Group
As a national firm, Finn Law Group stands out in the field of timeshare attorneys with a robust practice that includes representation in timeshare settlements, negotiations, mediations, and litigation. We’ve fought for the rights of timeshare owners at the local, state, and federal levels, with representation in almost every state hosting active timeshare resorts. Our timeshare attorneys are experienced in handling cases across various court levels, including federal, state, and appellate courts.
We understand that the right timeshare attorney credentials are essential when choosing a law firm. With Finn Law Group, you can be confident you’re selecting timeshare attorneys who possess the necessary qualifications to effectively resolve your timeshare dispute. As a BBB A+ rated member, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professional service.
Timeshare contracts and disputes require a timeshare attorney with a solid grasp of the specific laws that apply in your state or purchase state. Moreover, timeshares come in many forms, hence, your selected attorney must be familiar with all timeshare schemes. This is where our timeshare attorneys come in. They have substantial knowledge in timeshare law and are devoted to defending the rights of timeshare owners.
With Finn Law Group, your case is in the hands of proficient timeshare attorneys, offering you the best chance for a positive outcome. Let our dedicated team of timeshare attorneys guide you through the intricate world of timeshare law, helping you every step of the way.
J. Andrew Meyer, Managing Timeshare Attorney
J. Andrew Meyer was born in Deland, Florida, in 1970. He graduated with an International Baccalaureate Degree from St. Petersburg High School in 1988, and attended the University of Florida, graduating in 1991 with a degree in Economics awarded with High Honors. Andy also attended law school at the University of Florida, receiving his Juris Doctorate degree in 1995. While at the University of Florida, Andy was inducted into Florida Blue Key and Phi Beta Kappa.
Andy has practiced at the Attorney General’s Office for the State of Florida in the Bureau of Criminal Appeals, and as a senior staff attorney for the Florida Second District Court of Appeal. Andy also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Chris W. Altenbernd at the Second District Court of Appeal.
He then became a partner at a large Florida defense firm, focusing his practice on appellate matters. Andy has been a member of Morgan & Morgan’s Complex Litigation Group and a partner at a law firm representing consumers in class action litigation.
In addition to being admitted to practice in the state courts of Florida and New Jersey, Andy is also admitted to practice in the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, the District of Colorado and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Ninth, Eleventh and D.C. Circuits.
Legal / Professional Associations
- Former Editor of the Corporate Counsel Newsletter, American Bar Association
- Corporate Counsel Committee (2002 to 2004)
- Past Chair of the Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee “A” Sixth Judicial Circuit
Notable Cases and Appointments
- Best v. Bluegreen, Case No. 14-80929-Cohn (Southern District of Florida), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- In Re: Tracfone Unlimited Service Plan Litigation, Case No. 13-cv-03440-EMC (Northern District of California), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- In re Collecto, Inc. Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Litigation, Case No. 14-md-2513-RGS (District Court for the District of Massachusetts), MDL Action Co-Lead Counsel.
- In re Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation, Misc. No. 08-ML-0511-PLF (District Court for the District of Columbia), Class and Appellate Counsel.
- DeHoyos v. Allstate Insurance Company, Case No. 5:01-1010 (Western District of Texas), Class Counsel.
- Healey v. Allianz Life Insurance Company, Case No. 2:05-8908 (Central District of California), Class Counsel.
- In Re: Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS “MMS” Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 2116 (Eastern District of Louisiana), Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee.
- Paugh v. Walgreen Company, Case No. 1:12-cv-21229-JEM (Southern District of Florida), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- Hill v. Countrywide, Case No. A-0178441 (Texas 58th District Court, Jefferson County), Class Counsel.
- Algarin v. Tivoli Community Developers, Inc., Case No. 2008-CA-000193-O (Florida 9th Circuit Court, Orange County), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- Lieber v. Bank of America, N.A., Case No. 2012-3622-CI-91S (Florida 6th Circuit Court, Pinellas County), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- University of Florida, J.D. (Law, 1995)
- University of Florida, B.S. (Economics, 1991)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Florida Blue Key
- Fall 1991 “Most Outstanding Graduate” and inductee to U.F. Hall of Fame
Published Legal Articles
- Co-author of “Petitions for Extraordinary Relief,” Chapter 17, A Defense Lawyer’s Guide to Appellate Practice (DRI) (2004)
- Co-author of “Extraordinary Writs,” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, Chapter 25, published by the Florida Bar (7th Ed. 2004)
- Co-author of “When It’s Your Last Chance: Tips on Obtaining Discretionary Review,” Vol. 27 No. 4, Litigation, 11 (Summer 2001)
Schedule of Admissions
- Florida Bar (1995)
- New Jersey Bar (1996)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Michael D. Finn, Founder
Michael D. Finn, the founder of Finn Law Group, boasts over half a century of legal practice, establishing him as a premier timeshare attorney in the industry. His sterling reputation as a consumer protection attorney with specialized knowledge in timeshare law is unrivaled.
Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Finn has gained substantial recognition for his expertise in timeshare law. He has been featured in widely respected publications such as Trial Lawyers Magazine, showcasing his thought leadership as a seasoned timeshare attorney. Beyond this, leading newspapers including the New York Times and various law journals have sought his insights, further validating his authority as a timeshare attorney.
Beyond his work as a timeshare attorney, Mr. Finn’s commitment to consumer rights extends to active participation in industry organizations. He previously held a position on the board of directors for the Florida Timeshare Owners Group (FTOG). In this role, he played a pivotal part in resisting legislation that would undermine the rights of timeshare owners in Florida. This engagement underscores his dedication to protecting consumers, a core attribute of his work as a timeshare attorney.
Mr. Finn’s proficiency as a timeshare attorney is further evidenced by his experience in timeshare cancellation. He employs advanced settlement negotiation strategies through mediation, a testament to his practical skills and in-depth understanding of timeshare law. His extensive portfolio includes numerous single, multi-plaintiff, and class-action cases filed against timeshare developers, consistently advocating for his clients’ interests.
When it comes to navigating the complex landscape of timeshare law, Michael D. Finn’s extensive experience, widespread recognition, and unwavering commitment to consumer rights make him the timeshare attorney of choice. His broad range of competencies, coupled with a track record of successful client representation, exemplify the caliber of service offered at Finn Law Group. Choosing him as your timeshare attorney means placing your trust in a legal professional known for excellence, experience, and consumer advocacy.
Legal / Professional Associations
- Member of the Federal Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Michigan Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar Association
- Member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Member of the Community Law Program
- Member Tau Epsilon Rho Fraternity
- United States Federal District Court – Middle District of Florida
Current Real Estate Licenses
- Real Estate Broker – State of Florida
- Real Estate Broker – State of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science Degree | Business Administration
- Major in Accounting, Wayne State University, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate Degree | Wayne State University, Michigan
Current Legal Licenses
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan | 1970
- Member of the State Bar of Florida | 2011
- Admitted to Practice in Michigan and Federal Courts
- House Counsel, Approved State Bar of Florida | 1997
- Civil/Circuit Court Mediator Certificate