When selecting a law firm or attorney to represent you in a timeshare dispute, consider their track record. Our consumer lawyers have more than 75 years of expertise in consumer law and have represented timeshare owners in a wide range of circumstances and jurisdictions. We have the understanding and experience to understand your timeshare contract and address the unique circumstances of your matter.
Credentials are critical. They distinguish the few who are qualified to speak on your behalf from the many who aren’t. When you choose Finn Law Group, you can be certain that you’re selecting lawyers with the expertise and credentials necessary to help you resolve your timeshare dispute.
Finn Law Group is a national law firm with an active practice in representing timeshare owners and former owners in settlement and negotiations, mediations, and litigation matters.
Some Attorney Credentials That May Be Important To You Include:
– Trial Experience. We have represented timeshare owners in nearly every state where there are active timeshare resorts. In addition, our timeshare lawyers have handled cases in federal courts, state courts, and appellate courts across the country.
– BBB Member Rated A+
The lawyer you choose should have experience in dealing with timeshare contracts and disputes. They should also be familiar with the laws governing timeshares in your state or state of purchase. There are several variations of timeshares, so it’s also important to choose an attorney who is familiar with all timeshare programs.
Finn Law Group’s attorneys have considerable expertise in timeshare law and are dedicated to defending the rights of timeshare owners.
J. Andrew Meyer, Managing Attorney
J. Andrew Meyer was born in Deland, Florida, in 1970. He graduated with an International Baccalaureate Degree from St. Petersburg High School in 1988, and attended the University of Florida, graduating in 1991 with a degree in Economics awarded with High Honors. Andy also attended law school at the University of Florida, receiving his Juris Doctorate degree in 1995. While at the University of Florida, Andy was inducted into Florida Blue Key and Phi Beta Kappa.
Andy has practiced at the Attorney General’s Office for the State of Florida in the Bureau of Criminal Appeals, and as a senior staff attorney for the Florida Second District Court of Appeal. Andy also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Chris W. Altenbernd at the Second District Court of Appeal. He then became a partner at a large Florida defense firm, focusing his practice on appellate matters. Andy has been a member of Morgan & Morgan’s Complex Litigation Group and a partner at a law firm representing consumers in class action litigation.
In addition to being admitted to practice in the state courts of Florida and New Jersey, Andy is also admitted to practice in the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, the District of Colorado and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Ninth, Eleventh and D.C. Circuits.
Legal / Professional Associations
- Former editor of the Corporate Counsel Newsletter, American Bar Association
- Corporate Counsel Committee (2002 to 2004)
- Past Chair of the Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee “A” Sixth Judicial Circuit
Notable Cases and Appointments
- Best v. Bluegreen, Case No. 14-80929-Cohn (Southern District of Florida), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- In Re: Tracfone Unlimited Service Plan Litigation, Case No. 13-cv-03440-EMC (Northern District of California), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- In re Collecto, Inc. Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Litigation, Case No. 14-md-2513-RGS (District Court for the District of Massachusetts), MDL Action Co-Lead Counsel.
- In re Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation, Misc. No. 08-ML-0511-PLF (District Court for the District of Columbia), Class and Appellate Counsel.
- DeHoyos v. Allstate Insurance Company, Case No. 5:01-1010 (Western District of Texas), Class Counsel.
- Healey v. Allianz Life Insurance Company, Case No. 2:05-8908 (Central District of California), Class Counsel.
- In Re: Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS “MMS” Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 2116 (Eastern District of Louisiana), Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee.
- Paugh v. Walgreen Company, Case No. 1:12-cv-21229-JEM (Southern District of Florida), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- Hill v. Countrywide, Case No. A-0178441 (Texas 58th District Court, Jefferson County), Class Counsel.
- Algarin v. Tivoli Community Developers, Inc., Case No. 2008-CA-000193-O (Florida 9th Circuit Court, Orange County), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- Lieber v. Bank of America, N.A., Case No. 2012-3622-CI-91S (Florida 6th Circuit Court, Pinellas County), Co-Lead Class Counsel.
- University of Florida, J.D. (Law, 1995)
- University of Florida, B.S. (Economics, 1991)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Florida Blue Key
- Fall 1991 “Most Outstanding Graduate” and inductee to U.F. Hall of Fame
Published Legal Articles
- Co-author of “Petitions for Extraordinary Relief,” Chapter 17, A Defense Lawyer’s Guide to Appellate Practice (DRI) (2004)
- Co-author of “Extraordinary Writs,” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, Chapter 25, published by the Florida Bar (7th Ed. 2004)
- Co-author of “When It’s Your Last Chance: Tips on Obtaining Discretionary Review,” Vol. 27 No. 4, Litigation, 11 (Summer 2001)
Schedule of Admissions
- Florida Bar (1995)
- New Jersey Bar (1996)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Michael D. Finn, Founder
Michael D. Finn is the founder of the Finn Law Group and has practiced law for over 50 years. As a veteran consumer protection attorney, Mr. Finn is considered an authority in timeshare-related legal matters. He has been published in Trial Lawyers Magazine and quoted by the New York Times and other major newspapers as well as various law journals. Mike previously served on the board of directors for the Florida Timeshare Owners Group (FTOG) and has been involved in opposing anti-consumer timeshare legislation in Florida. He is highly experienced in timeshare cancellation using settlement negotiation through mediation and has filed numerous single, multi-plaintiff, and class action cases against timeshare developers on behalf of his clients.
Legal / Professional Associations
- Member of the Federal Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Michigan Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar Association
- Member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Member of the Community Law Program
- Member Tau Epsilon Rho Fraternity
- United States Federal District Court – Middle District of Florida
Current Real Estate Licenses
- Real Estate Broker – State of Florida
- Real Estate Broker – State of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science Degree | Business Administration
- Major in Accounting, Wayne State University, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate Degree | Wayne State University, Michigan
Current Legal Licenses
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan | 1970
- Member of the State Bar of Florida | 2011
- Admitted to Practice in Michigan and Federal Courts
- House Counsel, Approved State Bar of Florida | 1997
- Civil/Circuit Court Mediator Certificate